CMI, Inc. is a wholesale source for interior designers, architects, home automation, and other trade specialists. We offer a host of exclusive products that are geared toward design professionals and not available in chain home improvement retail stores. We specialize in motorization and are capable of integrating with any home automation system as well as building stand alone shading systems. We will also motorize product provided by other workrooms and manufacturers. We offer measuring, installation, and job site consultation services throughout the NJ/NY/CT/PA metropolitan areas.
We invite you to explore our products and services.
Why Motorize? Motorize for Convenience. Motorize for Lifestyle. Motorize for Child Safety. Motorize for Functionality. Motorize for Effect. Whether you would like to tie your window coverings into a total home automation system or would like to battery power one hard to reach window, CMI has your solutions.
CMI offers a professional measuring, installation, and job site consultation services throughout the NJ/NY/CT/PA metropolitan areas and where feasible throughout the world.
CMI is your window fashions partner. Our ‘trade only’ showroom is open 9 am to 5 pm daily for your convenience.
- When young children are around the home cord safety should be a key factor in selecting window treatments. The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) & the Window Covering Safety Council (WCSC) encourages parents to follow the Window– Cord Safety Rules:
- *Install only cordless window coverings in young children’s bedrooms and play areas
- *Move all cribs, beds, furniture and toys away from windows and window cords
- *Keep all window pull cords and inner lift cords out of the reach of children
- *Make sure tasseled cords are short and out of reach & never tie a knot joining two cords to form a loop
- *Make sure continuous cord loops are PERMENENTLY anchored to the floor or wall
- *Replace Window Coverings manufactured before 2001 with today’s safer products. For those who choose to keep older treatments free kits are available to retrofit them through the WCSC website,www.windowcoverings.org.
***In accordance with the law CMI is legally bound to secure all continuous cord loops at time of installation. Please alert your costumers if you have specified a continuous cord loop; we will not leave a blind hanging if the cord loop has not been secured to a wall or floor.***
Make the right choice, Kids…Cords…Caution.